Sr. Solar System Engineer
- Boston, MA
As a Sr. Solar/Power System Engineer, you will be a core member of the Ring system team designing, building and testing energy harvesting system(s). The ideal candidate would be passionate about building IOT products, responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
• BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 7+ years of experience creating solar systems for energy generation and storage
• 5+ years of experience in photovoltaics, solar product manufacturing
• Experience in battery management systems (BMS), switching power supply circuit design AC-DC, DC-DC, Boosters, Li-ion/polymer battery charging, power conditioning, protection and distribution
• Master's degree of Electrical Engineering or related field
• Ability to do energy requirement and generation simulation, analysis and modeling
• Practical understanding of mechanical, thermal, materials and software design considerations for solar powered battery systems
• Experience in manufacturing process, manufacturing tests required for solar products
• Expertise in energy storage solutions covering solar cells and battery technologies
• Architect, test, and validate solar products and components
• Experience building high volume consumer products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top