We are open to this role sitting in HQ2(VA), SEA or NYC!
The Amazon Advertisement CCS engineering team has an opportunity to be part of something big! Come join our advertising team and build discovery products that connect customers with their new vehicle of choice. We're starting this initiative with a Sr SDE, Product Manager and UX team to help define the vision and then we'll follow with a full engineering team. To be successful in this role, we are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic senior software engineer who is passionate about software applications and enjoys working with many projects and a wide range of technologies. As an Amazon Advertisement Senior Software Development Engineer, you will design and develop new systems which will bring a unique marketing and operational experiences to our global advertisers and our global marketing teams. We're looking to you for solving problems unique to our industry and creating new features. We're looking for people who are entrepreneurial and like to wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that mirrors more of a startup than a big company. In this role, you will be reviewing designs regularly with senior executives. You will be expected to educate down, up and out on your design decisions and back them up with data/customer insight. You will be responsible for managing your own work queue and should demonstrate an ability to work around difficult design limitations. You'll be an advocate for our customer experience, and understand your Amazon customer base, the competition and industry. We are looking for Senior Software Engineer who can think big, concept and design new products of proven customer value; Is highly technical and can design solutions that remove customer pain-points; Can invent new interaction patterns and leverage technology to delight customers; Can work with a cross-functional team to develop and execute; Can design and deliver experiments that evolve into new learnings; Can think, act and design for a global customer.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
• Previously held a technical leadership role for several complete large-scale projects
• Delivered ad targeting and serving infrastructure
• Delivered a low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with Database technologies, RDBMS/NoSQL
• One or more programming language Java, C++, Python.
• Experience in data analytics using distributed systems (e.g. Hadoop, Pig, Hive, EMR, Spark, Elasticsearch
• Online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.