Sr. Software Engineer/Architect, Machine Learning
Take the earth's most customer-centric company and the opportunity to use your software skills to build and improve machine learning algorithms and systems to improve product recommendations for hundreds of millions of customers. What do you get? The most exciting software job in the industry - PERIOD.
The charter of Amazon's Personalization team is to recommend the "right" product to the "right" customer at the "right" time. We generate personalized product recommendations for millions of customers each day, in a blink of an eye, thousands of times a second. If you are a strong software engineer with a background in scalable distributed systems, who is passionate about working with massive amounts of data to improve the lives of millions of customers, then this is the right opportunity for you. You will work with a team of highly skilled and motivated engineers and scientists, who are building the next generation of personalization products at Amazon, using machine learning and deep learning. We use latest open source and AWS technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, EMR, EC2, Dockers, and the latest GPU hardware. As part of your job, you will deal with large amounts of training data, rapidly prototype new models that meet stringent performance requirements, perform offline and online testing, and push these models to production.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Build scalable, high-performance software for productionalizing recommendations models.
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon's historical business data to help automate and optimize key features and processes.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, validation and implementation
- Research and use statistical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Work closely with scientists and engineering teams to create and deploy new features.
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business operations
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- 8+ years of experience in software development. Experience building large platform systems and services.
- BS + 8 years of experience in software development, or MS (in CS or related field).
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable systems
- Familiarity with many development languages: C++, Java, Python, expert in at least one
- Experience with full development life cycle for large-scale software products including experience with service oriented architectures, design patterns, web services, and web applications/services development
- 1+ years of experience applying machine learning to solve real-world problems
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms,
- Proven results oriented person with a bias to action
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top