Sr Software Engineer, Search Marketing
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Search Marketing team is building the Internet's largest-scale fully-automated advertising systems. The team is responsible for a massively scaled high availability system and the algorithms that automatically generate, target, measure, and optimize tens of millions of individual advertisements in real time. We routinely solve challenges related to large scale distributed systems. Our biggest challenge is managing a continuously growing database of advertisements while doing the obvious - maximizing returns through efficiency and discovery of new keywords or revenue opportunities. Cutting edge technology and algorithms including natural language processing, statistical modeling and data mining are the heart of our business. Search Marketing drives a large portion of Amazon's business and provides the opportunity to make a huge difference in Amazon.com's revenues or bottom line. There is a large R&D component to our work. The Search Marketing team generates multiple patent submissions every year. This is not a maintenance role. There are few opportunities anywhere to start on a new team and make an immediate impact at this scale.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be recognized as a tech lead and you will be expected to lead cross-team development efforts to build large systems. You will collaborate directly with senior managers and have direct influence over the team. The ideal candidate for our team is a thinker and a doer: someone who loves sophisticated algorithms and mathematical precision, but at the same time enjoys implementing real systems, and is motivated by the prospect of spectacular business returns.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields
• Minimum 8+ years of industry experience in software engineering
• Knowledgeable in scalable distributed systems and Big Data platforms
• Fluent in Java or C++
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecture, OO design)
• Experience in leading large-scale, data-driven optimization systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to solve problems under ambiguous situations
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields
• Knowledge of big data system architecture & administration
• Knowledge in machine learning, natural language processing, data mining, or information extraction
• Experience with developing large-scale website platforms or web applications
• Experience in developing analytics platforms or Web-scale search engines
• Experience in developing bidding engines or feedback loop systems
Back to top