Sr Software Engineer, Performance
- Austin, TX
Amazon announced the second generation Graviton processor at re:Invent in December 2019. AWS developed the processor to enable the best price and performance for cloud applications, from web servers to databases and machine learning.
The Graviton Software Team ports, optimizes, and develops software to drive down the cost of adoption and operation of these Graviton-based C6g/M6g/R6g instances. We are constantly working on improving how software performs at Amazon scale and inventing technologies that make the next generation of data centers possible. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to innovate and deliver software that power the world's largest cloud provider.
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will work on AWS services like Elastic Map Reduce, ElastiCache, and RDS to optimize the architecture, algorithms, and deployment on Graviton. Additionally, you will work on open source code, improving it and contributing the changes back to the community. You will play an instrumental role in driving the AWS roadmap to deliver cost-effective and performant compute. In this role you will use and further develop your deep knowledge in areas including experiment design, implementation, and data analysis.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience, including technical leadership and production quality software development using C, C++, Java, or similar programming language.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, and performance.
• Knowledge of computer architecture, Linux internals, virtualization, and performance tools.
• MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or in a relevant technical field
• Experience developing repeatable software performance measurements, identifying bottlenecks, and implementing improvements.
• Ability to debug complex problems across multiple layers of hardware, OS, compiler and services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top