Sr. Software Engineer – New World
At Amazon's Amazon Games, Orange County, you'll have the power of Amazon Web Services' cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
New World is a massively multiplayer, open-ended sandbox game that allows you to carve your own destiny with other players in a living, hostile, cursed land. How you play, what you do, and whom you work with or against is up to you. Live on your own amidst the supernatural terrors or join with others to build thriving civilizations. In this evolving world that transforms with the changing of the seasons, weather, and time of day, the only limit is your own ambition.
- As a Senior member of our Game play engineering team you will own the client physics and animation systems for New World.
- Partner with design art and animation to build an immersive combat system, at Amazon scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience or background in C++
- 5+ years experience in Physics or Animation
- 7+ years experience in programming
- 5+ years experience in AAA games
- A passion for video games
- Multiple shipped titles in a senior role.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top