Sr. Software Engineer - eero
- San Francisco, CA
WiFi has become an essential component of daily life for millions of people around the world. eero, an Amazon Company, was first in delivering a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about connectivity ever again. We believe customers deserve the best connectivity and smart home experience possible. Visit eero.com to learn more about eero, our team, and our products.
About the Role
The eero Device Software team is looking for Senior Systems engineers to join a new product initiative team. The team is responsible for integrating and extending our existing embedded software stack for new hardware platforms, including device drivers, hardware validation, management plane, new features, and other capabilities. You will be expected to take ambiguous problems and deliver delightful solutions for our customers.
You will work closely with engineers located near eero headquarters in San Francisco, California and engineers in other locations around the world. If you are an experienced software engineer that loves solving ambiguous customer problems, developing across the stack (U-boot, kernel, management plane, applications), and collaborating closely with others, we want to talk to you.
• Provide technical leadership to a new product team
• Ensure high technical bar for pull requests, designs, and architectures
• Design systems that have low future maintenance cost
• Triage and solve the most challenging customer issues from our test populations and production
• Regularly deliver high impact customer features on tight timelines
• Develop and maintain critical features for eero customer experience
• Collaborate with peers across engineering, product, and design to shape our product vision and build exciting customer features
• Investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility in order to deliver new customer experiences.
• Increase quality and quantity of the coverage of our automated tests on eeroOS
• Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 10+ years industry experience with at least 4+ years providing technical leadership (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) as a senior engineer.
• 2+ years writing production systems in Go, Python, or Java
• Self-directed and comfortable leading others technically
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
• Has deep hands-on technical expertise, especially with Linux
• Track record of shipping high quality software on time
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to other engineers and managers
• Organized and detailed oriented
• BS, MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top