Sr. Software Engineer (DevOps) - 'Breakaway'
At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you'll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
As a Sr. Software Engineer with our Developer Operations (DevOps) group at Amazon Game Studios, you will be part of a team creating engaging, connected experiences that push the boundaries of what's possible. As a part of Amazon, we have an incredible amount of freedom to develop amazing, original games. We need your help to make that a reality!
You will be on a dynamic team that works on a broad range of technologies which impact the back-end infrastructure and operational capabilities of large scale online games. This ranges from designing new services, integrating new features and functionalities that build upon Amazon's broad range of capabilities, to building the tools that allow the team to respond to customer behaviors and feedback while creating products that raise the bar for the industry.
- Working in partnership with multiple teams to build new services and infrastructure supporting online games-as-a-service
- Identifying potentials for process and operational efficiency improvements and building the resulting tools/services
- Be a role-model for other programmers by emphasizing project and company goals and providing mentorship to help others grow
- Be well aware of the 'state of the art' and assess new trends and emerging technologies
- Drive improvements to our development, deployment, and operational tools and processes to ensure quality results and efficient working practices
- Implement live service features to a high quality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Strong interest and ability in working with a broad range of technologies and working in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented person who loves to drive continuous improvement within the team and processes
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in Python, C++ or Java
- A passion for video games
- A passion for infrastructure, live services, and driving process improvements in the operational capabilities of an online game
- 5+ years of industry experience; preferably in an online game-as-a-service
- Demonstrated ability to manage and ship projects and features that have met or exceeded quality targets on a schedule
- Experience building strong collaborative relationships and working effectively towards shared goals with cross-functional teams
- Experience working in fast-moving environments; the ability to alter course during the journey
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top