Sr. Software Engineer, Catalog Item Relationships
- New York, NY
Have you ever wondered what sort of systems and software power the world's largest e-Commerce catalog? What sort of systems do you build to host such a catalog and process hundreds of billions of updates on the billions of items every single day when you know traditional database technologies just cannot handle the massive scale? How do you ensure that you serve up the freshest possible information to hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers around the world 24x7x365? Welcome to the world of highly distributed systems and massive scale - Amazon Selection & Catalog Systems (ASCS)!
The Catalog Relationship team within ASCS is working to innovate in the space of inferring, managing, and presenting relationships between items in the catalog to drive better product discovery and customer experience while navigating Amazon's large and ever-growing catalog. Work in this space ranges from building high performance large scale distributed real-time systems, data modeling to capture new relationship structures, machine-learning based inference systems, and experiment frameworks that enable continuous measurement, feedback and improvement.
The team is looking for passionate, results-oriented, innovative Sr. Software Engineers / Technical Leads to drive both technical architecture and design as well as innovate in the product offering space.
• Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years' professional experience in software development
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise systems
• Experience driving the architecture and design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, databases, tools, systems and services using service-oriented architecture, object-oriented design, distributed programming, Java and SQL.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
• Experience gathering business and functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and end-users, and translating requirements into technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well between a range of complex systems.
• Experience providing design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability.
• Experience managing resources on multiple technical projects and ensuring schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top