Sr Software Engineer
- Boston, MA
PillPack, an Amazon subsidiary, acquired in 2018
PillPack is on a mission to reinvent pharmacy and drive the future of medicine. We use design, service, and technology to provide the best possible customer experience and change the way people think about medicine.
PillPack's fulfillment tech organization is searching for a talented software developer to help us evolve and optimize different steps involved in delivering the right medications at the right time to the right customers.
What you will do:
• Design, implement, and deploy large-scale systems and services to support PillPack fulfillment operations and businesses goals
• Define secure, scalable, and low-latency services that aid in efficient physical processes
• Work with cross-functional teams collaborating and delivering on key fulfillment tech goals
• Simplify complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
• Communicate with different internal and external stakeholders about design decisions and operational ramifications
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 8+ years of professional experience in software development
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
• Obsession with quality and user experience
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience leading and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Full stack experience ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top