Sr. Software Engineer - Brands Advertising
- New York, NY
The Brand Advertising and Shopping Experience (BASE) team's vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric brand advertising start-up. Amazon is the world's best place for shoppers to search and buy products online, and we will make brands a first-class entity in the shopping experience. We will do this with relentless focus and invention on behalf of customers.
For shoppers, BASE provides a natural path to discover brands and engage with new products from brands they already love. For brands, BASE offers relationship building with their customers: first with discovery, then increased engagement, and ultimately brand loyalty. As we are able to assist brands in telling their story and provide value to customers with every interaction, we will drive brand growth, which will lead to accretive shopper and advertiser spend. This is an opportunity to come in at the ground floor for what is becoming a core part of the overall Amazon business strategy.
The Sponsored Brands Recommendations team is a versatile environment, with a wide variety of challenges. We focus on helping advertisers by providing recommendations to help them achieve their goals. Working with mega size dataset, you will be building softwares from public facing recommendation APIs to model backed online services and pipelines.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale projects.
• A proven track record in software architecting and shipping innovative and highly scalable cloud systems.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• A proven track record of making good technical judgement.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Highly organized individual
• Masters Degree preferred.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience as a Senior-level software engineer.
• Experience with various industry analytics and monitoring platforms.
• Machine learning experience.
Back to top