Sr Software Engineer - AWS Networking
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to build highly available fault tolerant distributed systems for managing, monitoring, and controlling AWS infrastructure. Our team is responsible for re-defining the way we think about networking and infrastructure to enable our internal and external customers to continue to scale without limit on the largest, most reliable global infrastructure.
We are looking for innovative, self-motivated candidates with a proven background in systems software development in Java, Python, C or C++ for Software Defined Controller (SDN) and SDN Applications. Expertise and familiarity with Java Development Process and tools is a big plus. In this role you will be a hands-on technical lead responsible for all phases of the project development cycle. You will work with customers to gather requirements and generate technical designs, and you will carry the project from implementation all the way through validation and operations. In this role you will also be expected use strong leadership and communication skills to mentor other engineers and provide training and support for our technologies. If you want to test your limits and tackle technical challenges you won't see anywhere else, then come join our group.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Coding skills using Java, Python/C/C++
- Java Development Tools, SDE (e.g. Eclipse)
- Experience with design and development of software on Linux
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent with 3+ years of work experience
One or more of the following qualifications are preferred
- Experience implementing APIs
- Software Defined Networking (SDN), Controllers
- Experience working on networking products
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the following: Operating systems, multithreaded programming, client/server architecture, service oriented architecture.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top