Sr. Software Engineer, Amazon Registry Services
- Boston, MA
Over the next several years, the fabric of the Internet is going to fundamentally change, and Amazon will play a significant part in this change. Amazon will operate at least 52 new generic Top Level Domains (gTLD) and is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a leadership role in a key TLD. You will lead and drive key architectural decisions, developing, and scaling a new product used by developers and consumers. This is an opportunity to shape this exciting new space from the ground up.
In this role, you will play an engineering leadership role for the development of a product portfolio in the rapidly growing conversational voice and text interaction space influencing how human to machine conversations are enabled by working with Amazon AI and building technology powered by Deep Learning.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in operating in an ambiguous space with strong technical ability, project management skills, and background in building products and APIs from the ground up. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should be innovative, have effective engineering leadership and communication skills, and be team oriented. You must excel in navigating cross-functional efforts and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into highly scalable, simple products that our audience will love. You will leader engineers for a suite of products from the ideation to scale.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 6+ years industry experience with at least 2+ years providing technical leadership as a senior engineer.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated coding and problem solving skills in at least one modern programming language.
• 8+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer with 4+ years as a Senior Engineer leading teams in an agile environment.
• Experience developing and maintaining production software.
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization).
• Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
• Experience in basic data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
• Experience in building REST APIs
• Experience in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
• Experience building scalable products using Amazon Web Services
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• You have bit on an entrepreneurial streak and like understand how the entire business works, the long-term vision. Our Sr. SDEs don't just define the technical approach, but also have a seat at the table to help make the right product decisions. We are in uncharted territory for the whole industry and you will play a major role in defining and developing key milestones
• Results oriented and analytical, with a strong customer and business focus
• Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
• Strong sense of ownership, with a passion for software and continuous learning
Back to top