Sr. Software Engineer - Amazon Advertising
- New York, NY
We are open to this position sitting in NYC, Austin, Arlington, or Boulder
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we work to improve Amazon performance for brand advertisers by providing them with actionable retail+ads analytics. We also deliver retail+ads information services enabling Amazon partner teams to provide brands with automated campaign management experiences.
You will be working with Scala & Java in a web services based environment. You will be an expert in Apache/Spark and proficient with Big Data technologies coming up with innovative solutions when building highly performant distributed systems. Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases is a necessary skill combined with strong data modeling. There are opportunities to expand existing offerings and building new systems from ground up.
As a Software Development Engineer III at Amazon, you will drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation, and shape the future of e-commerce. You will design, implement, troubleshoot and see your solutions live.
A successful candidate will have the satisfaction of seeing their work on the Amazon's advertising websites, where it will be viewed by up to a million advertising customers and will drive significantly quantifiable revenue impact, broaden their technical skills and work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software
• Programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture
and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling)
of new and current systems.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years industry experience in software development and full product life-cycles
• 5+ years of hands on coding skills in Java (C#, C++) coupled with strong base in object-oriented design and development
• Strong proven ability in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Experience with object oriented design and development
• 5+ years of experience with SQL and data modeling skills
• Experience in building solutions of sizable scope and complexity
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availabilityExperience with Hadoop, HBase, Pig, Spark
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with search engine and indexing systems such as Solr/Lucene or Nutch
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top