Sr. Software Engineer
- New York, NY
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business and we are delivering a suite of self-service products which drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to the long-term growth of the Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking new ground by launching innovative products every day.
Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs and our distributed systems process massive datasets routinely. We consistently strive to improve the customer search and browse experience. You will not merely go through the full software development cycle but more importantly drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation, and shape the future of e-commerce.
The Optimum Advertiser Communication and Engagement System (OACES - "Oasis") is the centralized communication platform for Amazon Advertising, integrating with various Amazon systems to deliver communications to the worldwide advertising community at scale. OACES connects with Advertisers over email, UI and mobile, honoring their specific delivery and language preferences. We send millions of communications with high throughput, low latency and exceptional quality.
The OACES Team:
We are a highly-motivated, collaborative and tight-knit group within Amazon Advertising. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. The team continues to grow in the coming year, so now is a great time to join and make a significant impact on the future of the Amazon Advertising vision.
The Candidate (You!):
As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you will drive the technical direction of our offerings and solutions, working with many different technologies. You will be responsible for design, code, test, deployment and support. What you create is what you own!
The successful candidate will have the satisfaction of seeing their work on Amazon.com and our Advertiser websites, where it will be viewed by millions of customers and drive quantifiable revenue impact. The candidate looks to broaden their technical skills and work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation. This role will have a direct impact on the success of our Advertisers and the overall Amazon Advertising business.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Mastery of computer science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Advanced degree (MS/ME/PhD) in Computer Science or related discipline
• Experience building production systems with material customer or revenue impact, especially in the retail/advertising domain
• Experience building systems in AWS
• Rigorous testing discipline and exposure to continuous integration and deployment
• Strong sense of ownership and drive, operational focus
• Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top