Sr. Software Engineer
- Paris, France
At Amazon Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping more convenient in customers' everyday life. We enable customers to use voice to query any product, interact with their carts, place a purchase, or ask about order status, by simply interacting with their Alexa enabled devices such as Echo, Echo Show or Fire TV. Our products allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
Our team owns the overall voice purchase experience and purchase related actions. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will lead the team in defining the architecture, algorithms and systems that breathe life into this vision. You will be expected to work across technical and product boundaries to deliver innovative new experiences for our customers and assist them through the purchasing process. You will have the freedom, encouragement and support to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in leading software development projects
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems.
• Experience in any one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, artificial intelligence, machine learning, full-stack development.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong track record of helping build productive and successful software development teams, actively developing talent.
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architecture, design, and code to bring them to life.
• High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Product Management, and Senior Leadership.
Back to top