Sr. Software Development Mgr
About This Team:
The "Audible on Fire Devices" team owns the full experience of spoken word content on Amazon's growing portfolio of Fire devices. We strive to provide customers with a natural and innovative experience, and we're continuously looking for new ways to better serve our customers. Come join a growing team of forward-thinking software professionals who can help us bring this experience to our customers!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features within a fast paced, Agile environment
- Define, manage and improve the software and product development processes by working closely with high-performance engineers
- Execute against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team
- Architect and develop the best technical design and implementation approach with the overall product line goals and objectives in mind
- Maintain a hands-on approach to deliver high scale platforms for one of Audible's flagship offerings
- Ensure the delivery of quality releases through management of direct reports; conduct code reviews
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing to maintain a best-in-class engineering team
- Proven success building, motivating and retaining high-performance engineering teams
- History of delivering customer-driven software products at a high scale in a fast paced, technology first, rapid-growth company
- Ability to lead positive change, empower people, cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions
- Experienced decision maker and driver with the ability to articulate product vision and roadmap.
- Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, strategic influencer on the direction of the product design and development.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders
- We have a comprehensive benefits package but here are some of the fun perks:
- All the snacks you can eat and Happy Hour on a Friday
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Frequent company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Access to Amazon Web Services and much more...
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top