Sr. Software Development Manager - Storage Infrastructure Team
- Cupertino, CA
The AWS Hardware Engineering team is driving rapid innovation in the server and storage infrastructure used by Amazon Web Services. Our designs are fundamentally changing the data center, providing operational and financial benefits that are critical to the success of the AWS business and its millions of customers. Our engineers solve challenging technology problems, and take big bets on new concepts, enabling AWS services to continue to revolutionize the industry.
We are looking for an experienced organizational leader to build and own next generation storage product development for AWS world scale solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative, hands-on leader seasoned in building and leading teams developing storage products in a hyper-growth environment with a high degree of ambiguity. You will be experienced with delivering high performance storage products with combined software, firmware, and hardware architectures. You will have experience partnering with and improving your products for your customers. You will not be satisfied with the status quo and seek to innovate in the pursuit of better customer outcomes.
You and your team will identify and develop technologies for your customers ahead of when they are required. Your team will innovate, design, build, validate, and operate high performance world-class AWS storage systems worldwide. Your team will engineer in diverse technology domains, including large-scale distributed software systems, firmware, hardware, and Amazon services. You will establish the strategic vision, and drive tactical execution in defining and delivering your new products and services. Success in this role will be based on customer satisfaction, and the operational excellence that enables AWS to continue to expand its products and services for our customers.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The breathtaking scale of AWS, combined with a deep understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customizations that will directly benefit our customers.
Why you will love it: This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You will work with teams across the company to enable the rapid development of next-generation storage devices. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will lead part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 10+ years of experience in embedded software/firmware development of storage and/or infrastructure solutions across full product life cycles
• 5+ years of experience building and managing high performance platform and/or infrastructure software engineering teams
• Object oriented development skills (Python, Java, C or C++)
• Hands-on embedded software/firmware/hardware development experience with high performance SSD/HDD based storage systems
• Hands on development experience with one or more of the following protocol stacks including block storage (NVMe, SAS/SATA), networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP) and interface (PCIe, I2C).
• Knowledge and operational experience with storage, networking, and/or large-scale distributed systems.
• Hands-on experience with Agile and Scrum software development methodologies
• An understanding of AWS technologies (aws.amazon.com).
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top