Want to make database history? Come and join the team that is building the most popular cloud data warehousing service in the world with tens of thousands of customers - Amazon Redshift. We are building the next generation data warehouse systems, creating an impact on its hundreds of thousands of users, and looking for top engineers to help shape the future.
Amazon Redshift is the leading, fully-managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse in the cloud. Using Amazon Redshift makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze all your data seamlessly.
As a Senior Engineering Leader with Amazon Redshift, you have the opportunity to lead a group of top talents in the design and development of system architecture of AWS Redshift at Amazon scale. You are an integral part of our overall strategy by helping define impactful product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You will lead the engineers to work on the Redshift cloud platform to improve the technologies that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters globally. Your team will build out automation of critical operational functions that ensure thousands of servers across all AWS regions worldwide operating at massive scale.
In this role you will grow and lead the cloud infrastructure development team on Amazon Redshift. You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to guide your team on ambiguous and complex problem spaces, to design, build and deliver the best, scalable and extensible solution for our customers. You are data and metric driven, obsessively concerned about customer experiences with Redshift features and performance, and excited to do hands-on technical work when needed. You will mentor and inspire engineers of all levels, participate in defining our technical culture, and help to build a fast-growing team.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. You bring deep technical and management experiences with the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in the industry leading Cloud Company to deliver a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
• 7+ years people management experience in building complex and scalable systems and should have 2+ years' experience managing managers.
• 10+ years of software development experience including object-oriented design.
• Strong knowledge of OOD / OOP software engineering practices/standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in leading and managing a team delivering solutions at scale.
• Experiences in working closely with remote teams
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
• Be highly innovative, inspiring, flexible and self-directed.
• Passionate about learning new technologies, frameworks and processes that can reinvent developer experiences.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.