Sr. Software Development Manager - International Technology
- Nashville, TN
We're a looking for a Sr. Software Development Manager to lead International Technology engineering in Madrid.
International Technology (InTech) own the discovery and delivery of Amazon's engineering to all the customers and cultures of the world. We do this through a combination of innovative new projects and partnerships with other Amazon technical teams. We make sure that each of our websites is a thoughtful combination of best practices and unique last mile engineering driven by each country's customers' needs. Our work spans the technology stack from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology and has very high visibility to senior leadership with small teams driving high impact solutions.
This is an opportunity to lead a world class team and help Amazon to build a new service that will set the standard for for the industry.
Amazon is seeking a seasoned engineering manager with experience in Internet-scale distributed systems and a focus on customers, engineering, and operational excellence. You will lead and grow an engineering team that is responsible for design, development, and operations. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and who has a track record of building strong teams that deliver results.
The Amazon Consumer business requires creative engineering and a strong customer focus, and you will work with your team and senior leadership to develop and launch high quality services. #techleader
• Bring a noticible understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software on time
• Strong experience managing software engineering teams and developing technical direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement).
• Experience being a manager of managers, growing managers to scale with the needs of the organisation and working through others to accomplish the day-to-day work of the organisation.
• Be a strong leader, mentor, recruiter, and people manager
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Fluency in C, C++ or Java
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Experience building and operating highly available services
• 10+ years' experience developing software
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architectural or distributed systems exp
• PhD degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• ML experience (Machine Learning)
• Experience working in Linux based environments
• Familiarity with big data tools and technologies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top