Sr Software Development Manager - EC2 SAP Enterprise
- Pullman, WA
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) has revolutionized the way companies obtain computing resources. With Amazon EC2, companies run their mission critical systems in the cloud with complete control, reliably, at scale, and only pay for the capacity they actually use.
The EC2 Enterprise SAP team is looking for a seasoned and technical software development manager. As part of our team, you will help build the next generation of services that simplify how our customers and partners configure and manage their SAP workloads in the cloud. You will also be responsible for developing and bringing to market groundbreaking products to help customers migrate and modernize these critical enterprise workloads.
You'll need to excel at hiring and developing both systems level and application level engineers. You need to be able to grow team members in your organization and lead a charter that grows in scope and complexity. Strong judgment and communication skills, long-term technical and product vision, continuous focus on inventing on behalf of customers, and implementing engineering and operational excellence practices are essential for the success in this role. You will play an active role in developing business and functional requirements, and will contribute to the strategic direction while being versed in the detail of concrete deliverables.
We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent technical education and work experience.
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of managing engineers
• Experience building teams and recruiting software engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development, particularly AWS
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of software development experience as a manager
• Experience with large-team scrum for agile software development
• Experience designing software architecture for scalability, reliability and performance
• A passion for people management and mentoring
• Experience influencing engineering best practices in your organization.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• AWS Certified
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top