Sr. Software Development Manager - AWS/EMR
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) EMR team!
Amazon EMR (http://aws.amazon.com/emr) is an AWS service that makes it easy for customers to run their big data workloads. EMR supports well-known big data platforms like Hadoop and Spark, and multiple applications that are part of this ecosystem, like Hive, Presto, Hbase and Hue. With EMR customers can run Petabyte-scale analysis at less than half the cost of traditional on-premises solutions and over 3x faster than standard Apache Spark. We run millions of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
EMR is growing fast, and we are looking for a Senior Software Development Manager who can build and lead a new engineering team in Boston. This new team will work with existing teams in Seattle and Palo Alto, leading the development of new features and performance improvements within and alongside the frameworks, engines and applications utilized in the big data domain.
The leader we are looking for brings their experience of building, managing, focusing, and mentoring engineering teams to deliver fast results that are innovative and bring significant value to customers.
• Lead an engineering team that will design, build, operate and maintain software in order to meet business and customer needs
• Hire, coach, and mentor managers and individual engineers
• Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements
• Own all operational metrics and support
• Oversee the design process, implementation schedule, and delivery to customers in a fast-paced environment
• Work closely with senior leadership to develop the long-term business strategy and feature roadmap
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of experience developing a complex software product
• 8+ years of experience in software engineering management
• 3+ years of experience in managing managers (Leader of leaders)
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• Experience building and operating distributed systems or big data applications at large scale
• Experience delivering performance optimization features
• Experience with database systems internals and query execution
• Experience working with open source software such as Presto, Spark, or Hive
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills are required
• Focus on mentoring, code reviews, architectural consultancy and teamwork
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top