Sr. Software Development Manager, AWS SA Innovation Labs
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
We are hiring a Senior Software Development Manager (SDM) for our Solutions Architecture Innovation Lab. The AWS Solutions Architecture function facilitates customer awareness and adoption of AWS services in support of their business objectives. Within the Innovation Labs, we accelerate incubation of new strategic initiatives and explore new ideas to serve our customers better at scale. We are an EMEA-based team with global scope.
As a Senior SDM, you will be responsible for leading a team of talented developers who build prototypes of early stage ideas to validate them. You will also own and operate a set of internal tools supporting this mission in production. You will foster a culture of engineering excellence within the team and share your experiences and best practices across the Solutions Architecture community. You will collaborate with global stakeholders including product managers, senior leaders, technical specialists, and other developer teams across the company.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about hiring and growing diverse tech talent. You will have hands-on software development experience and you have demonstrated technical leadership in a software development team. You empathize with the needs of our customers and align your work accordingly. You define the long term vision, strategy, and goals for your team, and successfully manage expectations and commitments with senior stakeholders.
• Hands-on software development experience
• Experience with leading an engineering team
• Experience with hiring and growing engineering talent
• Experience with delivering software products using Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• AWS / Cloud Architecture experience. AWS certification is a plus
• Familiarity with Design Thinking or similar innovation frameworks
• Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
• Hands-on experience developing serverless products
• Experience with operating production systems
• Fluency in English
Back to top