Sr. Software Development Manager - AWS Developer Tools
- Garbsen, Germany
The AWS Developer Tools team is looking for a Senior Software Development Manager (Sr. SDM) to lead development of a new product in the Software Development Lifecycle Management space. You and your team will be responsible of defining features and roadmap of the innovative product helping customers to develop software safer and faster. You will work closely with the customers in order to understand their needs and run new ideas. We are looking a leader who is experienced in delivering multi-region fault tolerant systems, is passionate about the developer tools space, is excited to have software developers as their customers, and is obsessed about creating compelling customer experiences.
As the software development manager of this team you will play a critical role in shaping the product definition, design, roadmap, and development of the new product. You will:
• Hiring, retaining, and growing top management and engineering talent within your group.
• Be a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the AWS business.
• Quickly and reliably delivering high quality technical solutions that will delight our customers.
• Work on business strategy to define a product roadmap that's compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across the AWS business.
• Meet with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story on AWS.
• Clearly communicate at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on a vision for the product.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible function within the AWS business. You will have a distinct impact on how developers build software on AWS. You will have a unique opportunity to build team around you and be an anchor for Developer Tools organization in Amazon HQ2. We offer flexible work hours and provide a flexibility around working from home part of the time. If you're excited to have a large impact on AWS and the cloud computing industry, you'll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 9+ years' experience in system software development and delivery
• 5+ years' experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams including 2+ years managing managers
• Experience with object-oriented design and implementation (Java, and/or C++)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Established track record of hiring and growing high-performing engineering teams
• Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience building policy-driven task flow auditing and enforcement frameworks
• Has taken software features from inception to customer delivery
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software
• Strong business and technical vision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top