Sr. Software Development Manager - Aurora Storage
- Bengaluru, India
Are you looking to work on the coolest technology while growing your career, in a group that cares about people just as much as products?
Amazon Aurora is an exciting area of innovation for AWS, with MySQL and Postgres compatible versions available. These offer enterprise-class performance, availability and durability - all at open source prices - to our customers, along with the management benefits of RDS. We're are one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon Web Services. We are currently spread across Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area. Not only do we have deep database storage and systems programming problems to solve for our customers, but we also minimize the effort required to maintain SQL databases by automating administrative tasks like backup / restore, scaling CPU / RAM / storage and replication / fail-over for high availability, allowing our customers to spend their valuable time focused on building their businesses.
We make regular software releases, take care of our customers, and take care of our engineers. Aurora is the most advanced cloud database service out there, and we're proud to continuously raise the bar. We think we have a winning combination for both startups and enterprises who are moving all their most important data and applications to the cloud.
We have challenging problems to solve in distributed systems, concurrency, peta-byte scale OLTP storage systems and scale out cluster management. We intend to be the world's best and fastest database, built by an excellent team, all while having fun - come join us on the journey!
Amazon Aurora is powered by an auto-scaling, auto-healing, distributed storage cluster of massive world-wide scale. Storage platform team is looking for a Development Manager to join our team and help us take the service to the next level. To apply for this role, you should possess solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills. Expertise with high-performance systems or service design is a plus. You should be comfortable building and managing teams through all phases of software development, including hiring and growing your own team of managers. The ability to translate high-level technical requirements into executable project plans is essential. If this sounds like you, come join us and help AWS continue to lead the cloud computing revolution.
What is in it for you?
• Huge impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers.
• Gratification: You will know you are solving problems most software developers don't yet know exist.
• Critical: Databases are cornerstones to many of our customers' applications.
• Ownership: you will quickly become responsible for key components of the service.
• Learn: If want to learn about challenges of large-scale fault tolerant systems in practice - this is an opportunity of a lifetime.
• Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day.
• Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution.
Have fun: Surround yourself with engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun environment.
For more information about Aurora, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years' experience building successful production software systems
• 6+ years management experience including a combination of experience hiring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership
• 2+ years' experience managing managers
• 8+ years' experience developing large-scale, multi-tiered distributed software systems using C/C++, C# or Java; service-oriented architecture; and distributed programming
• Experience in leading and managing a team delivering solutions at scale.
• Experiences in working closely with remote teams
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
• Be highly innovative, inspiring, flexible and self-directed.
• Passionate about learning new technologies, frameworks and processes that can reinvent developer experiences.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top