Sr Software Development Manager, Alexa Artificial Intelligence
- Seattle, WA
Opportunity to lead the Artificial Intelligence team behind the smart, instantly familiar, and universal personal assistant -- Alexa. You will be part of the team behind understanding and decision-making. The Artificial Intelligence team is looking for exceptional engineering leaders to be part of a world class team changing the way people develop interact with digital personal assistants anytime and anywhere.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and running highly available distributed platform on the Internet. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have experience in deep neural networks, and will have developed highly available systems (four nines) over the course of their career.
As part of the team you will:
• Green-field opportunity to create the artificial intelligence platform behind Alexa!
• Design and build systems that scale across millions of active users and devices.
• Be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
• Learn what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
• Provide services that are core to all modern Internet businesses.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• 6+ years relevant engineering experience
• 6+ years experience leading the delivery of APIs and SDKs
• 6+ years experience leading the delivery of services and large-scale distributed systems
• Technical experience in at least one major technical area of distributed systems, such as scale-out or fault-tolerance
• 6+ years experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
• 6+ years experience mentoring/training the engineering community on technical issues.
• 6+ years design and architecture experience
• Knowledge with both object oriented and service oriented design patterns
• 6+ years experience designing and developing cloud software services
• Understanding of design for security, scalability, performance and availability
• MS/PhD in Software Engineering or Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence
• 8+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
• Architectural experience with large scale implementation
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
• Proven ability to work across teams and organizations, delivering results through influence
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top