Sr. Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
The mission of Alexa is to set customers free in life. To be an instantly familiar, always-available personal assistant. In order to deliver on this mission, the Alexa Skills Store is looking for a Senior Software Dev Manager who will deliver outsized value for end customers, unlock new opportunities for businesses, invent new customer-facing services, and build a new team to deliver novel intelligent experiences.
In this role you will work with multiple product organizations across the company in a confidential project. You will own execution of Alexa-specific voice experiences with measurable customer and financial impact. You will be a part of a larger existing team (Alexa Skills Store) but have your own team and charter that feeds into the larger team charter. You are someone who loves to dive deep into runtime services and architecting machine learning pipelines to make intelligent decisions at scale. You thrive in an environment where the problem is not precisely written down, and are comfortable setting your own path.
You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Some info about this opportunity:
• Your work directly impacts the experience of Alexa customers.
• This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Alexa - with stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership (VP-level).
• You will drive project execution, recruit, hire and develop the world's top engineering talent.
• We're looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable, and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
As a Sr. SDM you will:
• Own development of your product end-to-end
• Provide technical direction to engineers, even beyond your own team
• Establish and execute short and long-term roadmaps for the business
• Launch experimental experiences directly to customers
• Manage multiple development teams focused on creating the complex platforms for personalized experiences
• Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar customer trust, performance, and availability.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies
• Experience taking a leadership role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineer' best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
• Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top