Sr. Software Development Manager
- Tempe, AZ
We are seeking an experienced and capable engineering leader to lead the Rekognition for Video engineering team. Amazon Rekognition for Video (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition) is a deep learning based AWS service that provides deep learning based video analysis. This team owns the full service stack and solves challenging problems around scaling, efficiency, and reliability to make sure our customers are able to perform video analysis on cloud and edge. We are constantly adding new capabilities to the service. The goal is to be the bleeding edge of a highly scalable technology that can analyze hours of stored and live video and provide rich analytics.
As the leader of the team, you will start out leading a deep learning powered video analysis engine that going to be the trendsetter in the Computer Vision and ML field. You will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of this AI service. You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scale systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed systems/machine learning and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
This position within the Amazon AI team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, the product, and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a high-performing team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
• Work closely with the engineers, applied scientists to architect and develop the best design and approach.
• Lead an engineering group that comprises of Software development engineers.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership
• Develop the long-term strategy for your solutions and translate that into an achievable road-map/action plan
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Management of staffing, mentoring, growing, and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of software development industry experience
• 3+ years of technical management experience as leader of leaders.
• Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science with specialization in machine learning / computer vision
• 10+ years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software for commercial online services
• Experience in defining processes and establishing mechanisms that improves the efficiency of software development for customers and developers
• Programming in Python, Java, C and/or C++ in a Linux environment
• Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top