Sr. Software Development Manager
- Arlington, VA
While this team is based in Arlington , VA , this position is open to qualified candidates who wish to collaborate and work from either of the FireTV Dev centers within United States ( Seattle, Bay Area, and Arlington , VA) during core team working hours.
In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment.
In this highly visible role, you will own the long-term vision and roadmap for the Fire TV business. You should be comfortable managing product, marketing, and engineering teams and owning all aspects of the business. You should be customer obsessed, data-driven, and comfortable influencing up and down a large organization, especially at senior levels.
• Define the global long-term vision, growth strategy, and goals for Fire TV
• Measure goals and targets across functions and drive improvements to business processes and ensures quality
• Deliver on aggressive growth, profitability, and customer experience goals
• Lead and develop a cross-functional team of product, marketing, design, content, and engineering teams
• Owns the business's technical strategy
• Owns day-to-day technical and business operations
• Drives and measures quality in internal and external processes
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Bachelor's degree required
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management / managing teams.
• Demonstrated success defining, developing, launching, and managing global product roadmaps
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Proven track record of hiring and developing high performance teams
• Proven technical background of managing or working with development teams
• Managed a technical team in the past
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/.
Back to top