Sr. Software Development Leader
- Arlington, VA
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 Core Platform team in our Herndon and Arlington VA Development Centers is expanding to build new AWS products and services to enrich our customers' use of the AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
We are seeking a results-oriented software development leader who is passionate about both feature development and operational excellence, who can build and lead a team of world class engineers as they expand, optimize and fine tune our APIs and services to support our ever-increasing scale and our customers' demands for new capabilities.
In this role you will build your team, balance technical and business objectives in a comprehensive roadmap, set the future vision for your teams and the services they own, and provide day-to-day technical direction. If you look forward to stretching yourself technically and delivering high visibility products in the cloud, then Amazon is the place for you. You will be defining, building and supporting VPC services within EC2 which push the limits of software defined networking at massive scale.
AWS is the fastest growing division within Amazon. Help us revolutionize the Cloud! Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History."
For detailed info regarding the products that EC2 Core Platform (Herndon, VA and Arlington, VA) is working on please visit:
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10 + years of relevant engineering experience
• 7 + years experience managing software development managers
• Experience establishing and evolving lean or agile development processes
• Experience building and operating cloud based and Internet-scale applications
• First-hand knowledge of the engineering challenges with large scale distributed systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Graduate degree a plus
Back to top