Are you passionate about both software development and making your fellow developer's life easier? The Amazon Build Team owns the tools that allow developers across Amazon to build quickly and correctly. As we embrace a world of continuous delivery the number of builds each month is well into the millions. At the same time we are adding developers in more locations around the globe so we need to be a global build system responsive in any region. The build team is at the heart of shaping what is possible with the collective set of Builder Tools (BT) that are used daily by virtually every engineer at Amazon.
If you're a creative thinker and you get excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges to empower developers and ultimately help Amazon continue to build great software, fast, come join us!
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience writing software in an object-oriented language
• Experience with data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures.
• 4+ years of industry experience
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with a Unix/Linux/Windows/Mac development environment
• Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies. Must be a self-starter and motivated.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
• Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us