Sr. Software Development Engineer-AWS-Transactional Services
Are you passionate about highly available, scalable systems? Do you want to build the next generation of database technologies? We are seeking top engineers to join us in building the next generation of database technologies to power AWS and Amazon.com.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing novel, cutting edge highly available and scalable database technologies.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Engaging with customers via forum posts, blog posts and meet-ups
- Mentoring other engineers
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities. In addition, the role involves analyzing the latest technologies and development trends, establishing and implementing standard practices.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- Strong coding skills
- Strong design skills
- Demonstrated experience in a tech lead role in large, complex software projects
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years of software development experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of overall software development experience
- Experience with designing and building large scale systems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
- Experience developing in multiple languages
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with contributing to open source
- Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
- Proven results oriented person with a bias to action
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with emphasis on distributed systems or databases is a plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top