Sr Software Development Engineer - Web Technologies
- Irvine, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who can drive the development of a web engine that powers applications on consumer electronic devices. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer - Web Technologies, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, the determining of current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules
• Develop embedded software solutions
• You will also use your experience to assist more junior engineers with designs and code structure to improve the functionality, quality, and maintainability of the team's work.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 10+ years of relevant work experience.
• 7+ years of experience in software development in C/C++ and Java
• 7+ years of experience in App Development for Web and Android based apps
• Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
• Experience working on deployments and performance tuning.
• Design and architecture experience
• Knowledge of object oriented design patterns
• Experience with embedded Linux devices
• Experience working with Android distributions
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Development of embedded software solutions
• Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
• Passionate about building and improving new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• A proven ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules
• Excellent communication skills, ability to work well in a team, project management and technical leadership experience
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
• Experience mentoring more junior team members
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top