Sr. Software Development Engineer, Traffic Management
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon's Spillways team designs, creates, and owns the critical software layer accepting, filtering, and routing all web traffic from the public Internet to its many websites. We use this software to route and manage traffic, detect and block robot and security threats, and enable Amazon's businesses to quickly and safely launch new websites and new countries.
Our team is starting exciting new projects to take Amazon to the next level in scale and security, Team is going to focus on building more intelligence across spillway components, building monitoring, alarms and automation to act on data analytics;
If you love making critical high performance software focused on networking, data processing, and security, we have the job for you.
The ideal candidate is a champion of engineering excellence: raising the bar on quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, security and all the other things that make great software great. In addition, he/she should contribute elegant, practical code that solves some of the most difficult problems in the project.
The opportunity to make an impact in this role is only limited by the personal capacity of the candidate!
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Strong understanding of computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• 8+ years professional experience in software development, 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language such as C/C++, Java or C#
• Advanced understanding of networking protocols such as DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IPTCP, TLS, DNS, etc.
• Experience or Interest in Cloud Computing and other emerging technologies
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Advanced proficiency in more than one high-level programming language: Ruby, Python, Perl, or Java
• Experience with computer security and intrusion detection development or research
• Experience with large-scale data processing and mining, building large-scale, highly available distributed systems and software product
• Strong understanding of modern web system architecture and database technology
• Exceptional ability to discover clear requirements, recommend alternate technical approaches/design, and guide/lead team to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solution
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Back to top