Sr. Software Development Engineer- Security
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and, more recently, Ring devices. What will you help us create?
In Sr. Software Development role, you will be prototyping, implementing and testing vulnerability detection code to protect Android and RTOS platforms (e.g. IOT devices). Using a defense in depth approach, you will be building techniques on top of Linux and Android Framework to mitigate malicious actions (e.g. malware, escalation of privileges, etc.) via a security analyzer. To further innovate, you will be exploring machine learning techniques (i.e. supervised/unsupervised learning, model optimization, etc.) to help identify malicious patterns. You may also build backend web service to support data analysis. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for innovation, and have the highest standards for software development, this position will give you the opportunity to design and build cutting edge software for millions of Amazon devices (e.g. Echo, FireTV, etc.).
Note: While the majority of our Security/Privacy roles are based in the Bay Area, CA and Seattle, WA areas, by applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Sunnyvale, CA, Austin TX.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• 7+ years of professional experience in software development building production secure systems (e.g. Android, Linux RTOS, IOT) and best practices for the full software development life cycle, plus experience with Agile/Scrum.
• 5+ years experience programming with Java/Android and C/C++
• 2+ years experience with development in Linux or similar OSes
• 2+ years of experience in Software Security (e.g. IOT Security, Linux Security)
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience leading and delivering complex software systems
• Coding experience related to use cases (e.g., cryptography, Linux file system, network traffic, etc.)
• Experience with Machine Learning and Data Science is a big plus.
• Experience building scalable web applications using HTTPS, REST, JSON, and XML
• Experience in hardware security (e.g. SecureBoot, TrustZone)
• Experience with scripting (e.g., Python, shell scripting)
• Detail-oriented, can identify and fix your own bugs, and write quality code that runs efficiently
• Enjoy working in a team that follows Agile practices and embraces unit testing, automation, code reviews, and CI
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Back to top