Sr Software Development Engineer- Robotics
- Austin, TX
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a Software Development Engineer - Robotics, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
You will be a technical leader developing algorithms involving real-world sensor data. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements in selection of sensors for current and future products, along with selection of processing approaches. You will use a large amount of data to develop and test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, C++, or C#
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current autonomous systems or subsystems
• Master's degree or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
• Familiarity with Pointcloud processing, Computer Vision, Robotics
• Knowledge of use cases and tradeoffs between classical, probabilistic, and machine learning approaches to sensor data processing
• Excellent judgement, organizational, and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top