Amazon Redshift is the world's most popular fully managed cloud data warehouse. Tens of thousands of enterprise customers use Redshift to crunch through exabytes of data in the cloud to make business critical decisions every day. To stay ahead in such a mission critical setting, at Redshift, we must always re-invent ourselves for customers. We are always looking for the innovative engineers to help shape the future of Redshift.
We are actively hiring talented software engineers in the query processing team of Redshift. Query processing is at the heart of Redshift data plane and is responsible for query analysis, query optimization and the massive parallel execution engine.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Redshift, you will build systems that benefit Redshift clusters across the world. You will take significant ownership on the overall product vision by defining new features and architecture. You will distill complex and ambiguous requirements, converting them into meaningful projects that provide immense customer value. You will own and code end-to-end deliverables from design, development, deployment, monitoring, and operations. You will lead engineers on substantial projects and help develop a flourishing team through active mentoring and hiring.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology powering analytical workloads for Fortune 500 companies, startups, and everything in between. You will bring deep technical, algorithmic and coding expertise with the ability to work within a fast moving and collaborative environment in the industry leading cloud company to deliver a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
• Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
• Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, and storage systems
• Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.