Sr Software Development Engineer, Quantum Computing at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Braket is a team of engineers and scientists working to make quantum computing available to customers via AWS.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to build upon one of AWS's newest services. You will define, develop, and test software solutions that make it easier or more feature rich for customers to experiment with and discover the value of quantum computers to their business. You must enjoy working on complex computer science problems and thrive in a fast-paced and uncertain market. You are familiar with AWS tools and services, and best practices governing their use.
Responsibilities may include developing new customer facing assets in our open sourced SDKs and consoles, developing continuous integration pipelines, coaching other software developers, and defining software requirements and refining a development roadmap.
At the Amazon Braket, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements that can be done virtually.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Amazon Braket team. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs. .
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Amazon Braket is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds to build a world class team. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with their peers. With quantum computing being a new and growing initiative within AWS, you would have an opportunity to make an impact on our budding team culture.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experienced with AWS tools and services for code development and data management solutions
• 7+ years industry experience in software development and delivery
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Experience working with server-less architectures, developing complex enterprise-scale systems
• Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
• Experience with scalable, API-based agent or service oriented software architecture
• Exposure to working with High Performance Computing
• A strong interest in the field of quantum technologies
• Experience coaching and mentoring junior and mid-level engineers
Back to top