Do you want to be part of a team dedicated to building machine learning applications that process billions of dollars a day using the latest technology? Do you want to measure the impact of your work in terms of millions of dollars?
In Finance Technology, we build machine learning systems that look through billions of dollars in transactions from across Amazon. Our goal is to increase the adoption of machine learning across Finance. To do this, we build machine learning applications which use the latest techniques for forecasting, classification, and anomaly detection purposes. Our current applications range from finding anomalies in data all the way to predicting how much cash to keep in an account.
In a typical day, you will work with machine learning scientists, other software engineers, and business groups across Amazon Finance. You will work with terabytes of data and develop machine learning pipelines which process billions of dollars. We partner with our customers, so you will meet with them directly to gain direct feedback on your work. Our team and customer are comfortable trying new ideas, so you will test your ideas in the real world.
As a senior member of the team you will design, develop, and launch core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance machine learning pipelines is second nature for you. You will hire and mentor junior engineers and enjoy advocating and advising other teams to adopt the machine learning technology you developed.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- MSc in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with unsupervised or semi-supervised learning
- 5+ years of experience with big data and scalable model training
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning in production
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Proven ability to take ideas from experimentation to production
- Strong Java, Scala, or Python experience
- Experience with SQL or other query languages
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Ability to distill ambiguous customer requirements into a technical design
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills