Sr Software Development Engineer - IoT
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
The Amazon IoT Devices group is hiring highly technical cloud computing professionals to help us prototype and develop IoT products and solutions. We are looking for candidates with broad interests who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment. In your role, you will be a part of the team that brings in ideas and delivers proof of concepts. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail-oriented. In this role, you will:
- Deliver proof-of-concept designs, and lead implementation efforts on our roadmap projects.
- Engage with the Amazon Lab126 devices team to create world-class IoT devices.
- Collaborate across the entire AWS organization to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation across our product lines.
- 10+ or more years of IT implementation experience
- Experience with integration of cloud services with embedded devices (IoT)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or math background preferred
Experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Demonstrated experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile/iterative methodologies required
- Experience with integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges desired
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3) desired
Experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments desired
- Experience with highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments desired
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell) desired
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience leading data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
- Computer Science or math background preferred
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top