Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice.
Customers love what Alexa can already do. They are even more excited about Alexa's future potential.
We're looking for experienced, results-oriented Senior Software Development Engineers in Test who are capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. Successful candidates are creative engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work and are passionate about great software and ultimately a great customer experience.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. This role will be working on a new Alexa initiative, focusing on quality strategies and execution for cutting edge projects in this space.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Test Engineer, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test strategy, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of software development and testing experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing is a plus
- Java coding skills
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top