Sr. Software Development Engineer - Hardlines Customer Experience (International Technology)
- Madrid, Spain
Amazon's International Technology (INTech) team is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer to build experiences that help customers make confident purchase decisions around 'high-consideration' products - typically high-value items that have lengthy purchase and research cycles, such as consumer electronics, home furnishings, and large appliances. Our work spans a deep technology stack, from front-end mobile apps and website, to back-end web services, and our projects span multiple phases of the customer lifecycle.
This is a new and growing team, and as Sr. SDE, you will play a key leadership role in the design of our services and customer experience, as well as establishing our culture and operational processes, and mentoring less senior developers. Your work will have direct impact on our customers worldwide, and will give you visibility to business stakeholders and partner technical teams across Europe, Asia, India and the US.
Our team is based in Luxembourg, at the heart of central Europe. Set among a picturesque background of medieval ruins, Luxembourg City is home to numerous multinational companies, which creates a culturally rich and diverse environment (7 out of 10 residents of Luxembourg City are expats, spanning over 170 different countries), and a high standard of living. In addition to having three official languages (Luxembourgish, German, and French), English is widely spoken. For those who love to travel, the country is centrally located, making it easy an easy drive or train to Paris, Cologne, and Brussels, and a short flight to other world-class EU cities such as London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Rome, and Berlin.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years' experience software development using Java, C++ or C#.
• Fluent in CS fundamentals, including design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design.
• Full SDLC experience, including DevOps.
• Written and spoken proficiency in English
• Experience designing large-scale distributed systems, web services, and/or web applications.
• Proficiency with front-end technologies such as AJAX, jQuery, JSP, React, HTML and CSS.
• Experience developing mobile application on iOS or Android.
• Familiarity with machine learning, and techniques for processing large datasets.
• Experience as Tech Lead of an engineering team.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top