Are you passionate about simplifying complex problems? Do you like finding patterns and inventing new ways to push the boundaries of the current possibilities? Interested in building high-performance, globally scalable systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solution and services we build enables Amazon's new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer for the Indirect Tax Compliance and Audit team. Our team is responsible for automating complex business processes currently requiring hundreds of thousands of manual hours. We innovate in processing trillions of records in near real time and providing self-service capabilities to our customers to perform data transformation, computations and reconciliation. We build controls and auditing capabilities for our users to perform their tasks with a high degree of confidence and efficiency. Our aim is to build reusable back-end and front-end components as a single integrated platform for all of our users' Tax Compliance and Audit automation needs. This is your opportunity to make your mark in the design and build of the new system.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will play a lead role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex software systems. You will get to leverage your experience and expertise to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems. You will get to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems. You will communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You enjoy collaborating with others to increase the effectiveness of the overall team. Your code, design, and implementation decisions should set a great example to other engineers. You will also have the opportunity to impact the technical decisions in the broader organization as well as mentor other engineers in the org.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Master's or PhD Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 7+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
• 5+ year of experience contributing to architecture and design, including reliability, scalability and operational excellence of new and current software systems
• Proven track record of leading software projects and influencing engineering best practices within the team
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience with both back-end and front-end software development (full stack engineering)
• Experience architecting systems using Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
• Experience working with big data technologies
• Proficiency with at least one of Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell scripting languages
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Agile software development