Are you looking for an opportunity to build a highly available, large scale, enterprise-wide software solution? Does it excite you to find patterns and build generic, composable software solutions to solve complex problems? Are you looking for inventing newer and simpler ways of building solutions? If so, we are looking for you to fill a challenging position in Amazon Finance Technology team.
Amazon Finance Technology team is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to build a brand new Accounting Automation platform. We will leverage state of the art technologies automate accounting processes that require data consolidation, computation and reporting. We will also build complete traceability for our customers to drill down from the output produced by our system to the input to our system. Our solution will work as a single accounting automation engine across Amazon. Our customers include Amazon's internal and external financial community across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned engineer. In this position, you will play a leading role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex financial applications. You will push your design and architecture limits by inventing and simplifying complex problems. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work with Amazon engineering and business teams across the globe in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of software development experience with Java, Python, Ruby, or C#/C++
• Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
• Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
• MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Strong grasp of Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
• Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
"Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief."