Sr. Software Development Engineer - FinTech
- Jersey City, NJ
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
The Risk, Security and Compliance engineering group at FinTech is looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to develop next generation software applications that have wide impact across the company. If you are passionate about building on AWS and of using modern techniques such as serverless application development, large scale event and data processing and want to develop your career in an environment that encourages creative thinking and speed, this is the team for you.
A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. As a Sr. Software Development Engineer in this team, you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, engineering approach, delivery and support of applications developed in the team.
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for you and your team's deliverables.
• Work in an agile environment focused on the most important deliverable for our customers.
• Help drive business decisions with your technical input.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelors (BS/BE) or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 8+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
• Practical knowledge of data structures and complex algorithms with equivalent development skills to match
• Deep problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
• Proficiency with at least one of Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell Script languages
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Experience with design and development of applications on AWS.
• Strong knowledge of Java.
• Experience with full stack application development.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Self-directed and capable of quickly shipping code in a dynamic environment
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Full Stack software development.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top