Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Machine learning, big data; near real-time scoring environment. If these areas resonate with you, then join us to work on extremely motivating challenge at Amazon Web Services (AWS) marketing. We build and run custom scoring models real-time to prioritize marketing leads and help optimize sales resources for maximum business impact. If you are a strong software engineer, self-starter and learner who is passionate about working with massive amounts of data to build state-of-art system on AWS platform, then this is the right opportunity for you. You will work with a team of highly skilled engineers and scientists, to build the next generation scoring system at AWS, using machine learning and deep learning. As part of your job, you will deal with large amounts of training data, rapidly prototype new models that meet stringent performance requirements, perform offline and online testing, and push these models to production.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Build scalable, high-performance software/system for production deployment of scoring models
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data to help automate and optimize key features and processes
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, validation and implementation
- Work closely with scientists and engineering teams to create and deploy new features
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business operations
You are fascinated by the power of large scale systems and using machine learning algorithms to optimize decision making. And you're looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You look at problems holistically, and thrive on the intricate complexity of designing feedback loops and ecosystems. You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You will partner with research scientists to challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You'll be given an opportunity to own and drive initiatives through the entire software stack - from customer facing features, to algorithmic innovation, all the way down to the datasets that the back-end services consume.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Graduate degree in computer science or related field (MS or Ph.D.)
• Experience with designing and building large-scale AdTech or MarTech systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
• Experience deploying and operating services in AWS
• 7+ years of software engineering experience, leading the design and implementation of successful large-scale software projects and mentoring junior engineers
• Experience as a full stack software development engineer (front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between)
• Deep understanding of key aspects of distributed systems development - scalability, availability, and cost
• Experience in networking, multi-threaded applications, interprocess communication, and complex software development
• High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Age / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top