Sr. Software Development Engineer - European Fulfillment Network (International Technology)
- Vimercate, Italy
We are the European Fulfillment Network (EFN) technical team, building and operating the engine of Amazon's European retail business. Our goal is to make all products in a given country available on all of Amazon's European websites, at the lowest possible cost, and in the language of the customer. We create services to store and ship products across the European landscape, providing the best product price and availability to our European customers. We are looking for an experienced engineer who will help deliver services that make tens of millions of retail decisions every minute, within a distributed technical environment.
As Sr. SDE, you will play a key leadership role in the design of our services and customer experience, as well as establishing our culture and operational processes, and mentoring our team. Your work will have direct impact on our customers worldwide, and will give you visibility to business stakeholders and partner technical teams across Europe, Asia, India and the US.
This position is based in our EU Headquarters in Luxembourg
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. The country is known for banking and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg City boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience designing and building scalable systems
• Experience driving and delivering to customers large projects with other Software Engineers.
• Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 7+ years of progressively responsible work experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
• Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top