Sr Software Development Engineer - Enterprise Secure Certificates
- Seattle, WA
The Enterprise Secure Certificates, ESC, team is in need of more humans who believe that security and infrastructure code deserves the same attention to customer experience, ease of use, and long term vision as any feature in a company's portfolio. The ESC team's mission is to look at how large organizations such as Amazon manage their public and private key infrastructure and remove all of the rough edges that plague developers who shouldn't need to be certificate experts to run secure services. The ESC team members are force multipliers for Amazon by building products that are used by thousands of teams across the company.
You don't need to be a certificate or security expert to excel on this team. We are looking for engineers who understand how to build things the right way. Engineers who understand available and scalable systems start with requirements and designs that account for testability and operations and are not the last thing to be built at the end. We are looking for engineers who understand that working with teammates and customers is a critical skill in delivering the right product on time.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will:
• Be a partner with the manager of the team in defining the team's vision and technical roadmap
• Be responsible for defining and maintaining the long term architecture vision, advocating for long term solutions to constantly move the team forward
• Mentor junior engineers on how to make technical trade-offs, effectively collaborate with peers, and deliver on complex projects
• Become a leading expert on the team's software such that you can provide guidance to teams across Amazon.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, or C++.
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
• Experience in modifying team processes to create a more inclusive environment.
• Distributed systems experience
• Deep understanding of Linux systems and networking
• Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top