Sr. Software Development Engineer - Embedded
Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented embedded platform Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical and agile platforms to support products that customers love.
In this position, we are looking for a leader with low-level platform development expertise and experienced with varying technology choices. We are looking for someone who understands the current embedded device limitations and features, device system constraints, and other low-level platform challenges. We need someone who is motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You will outline paths from prototype to product. We are looking for someone who is a technical leader for the team. You will need to contribute to the professional development of colleagues through mentoring, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years experience building successful production software platforms and systems
- 7+ years of experience in C and ASM as well as other high-level languages such as Java
- 5+ years of development experience on mobile platforms such as Google Android, RTOS as well as other embedded systems.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid coding, algorithm and debugging fundamentals
- Experience developing, releasing and maintaining an embedded system
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top