Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Drive the architecture of the complex multi-platform with the focus on performance. Review hardware designs, review vendor solutions, select chip-sets. Architect and develop core modules. the design of new features in software applications, tools, and services using object-oriented design, , C/, Rust. Diagnose and optimize performance bottlenecks in the system tied to the use of system resources like , CPU and memory. Gather business and functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and end-users, and translate requirements into technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well between a range of complex . Serve as technical throughout the development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance. Provide design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability. Manage resources on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
• 7+ years of hands-on software development experience
• Experience in designing and developing new features in software applications, tools, and services using object-oriented design, , C/, Rust
• Understanding of Performance tuning in /Android
• Master's degree
• Experience with OS level development.
• Experience working on high-volume consumer products
• Extensive knowledge of the Android/Linux on framework and HAL levels
• Strong coding skills in C/C++/ Java/Rust
• Enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams
• Experience working on consumer electronics products
• Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top